Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Air Drying

    So my hair dryer doesn't work here. It runs on the wrong voltage. So for the past month that I have been living here I have been letting my hair air dry. I have a couple of options when I do this, wavy or more wavy. If I don't do anything to it except for brush it when I get out of the shower it turns out wavy. By using a little product and scrunching through out the drying process it comes out extra wavy.
    Today I am wearing it extra wavy, we are going to dinner for our anniversary.


    I know a lot of people are interested in trying to let their hair air dry sometimes for the health of their hair, so here are my tips on how to do it.
  1. You have to have the right texture of hair. If your hair gets too frizzy or doesn't have any curl this won't work for you. 
  2. Use a very light weight gel when the hair is wet.
  3. As the hair dries, periodically, take the time to scrunch it with your hands.
  4. This takes much longer than drying with a blowdryer, so make sure you have the time to let your hair dry completely before you need to be somewhere.
  5. If part of your hair is curlier than another part, take sections of the straighter part and twist them into tight twists. This encourages them to curl more. You have to be observant of which direction the curl wants to go and curl it that way. 
I hope everyone is having a great hair day!
       

7 comments:

  1. I air dry all the time but I need way more than just a little gel. I have super curly hair. If I leave it without gel it gets frizzy. I love your hair like this though. Its so pretty wavy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andi, I swear we are in a parallel universe! I have been air drying lately too. We have the strangest coincidences I swear. Your hair looks great curly, Happy Anniversary! Take some cool pics of Germany for us!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks amazing! What products do you use? I typically use either a Garnier Fructis "wonder waves" spray, Bb Surf Spray, or Redken touch control. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks great that way! Can you recommend a good drugstore gel to use for this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your red color is SO beautiful! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. as you know, I fail are air-drying :) thanks for the tips though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I air dry my hair a couple times a week. I use Fekkai Coiff Spray and Garnier Fructis Wonder Waves. Your hair looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete