Thursday, March 25, 2010

The poll results are in.

New Same Cut and Color

So the poll ended yesterday, and the results were to keep the same color. The problem was that ends that were colored had faded so much that the red color I used to have was starting to show through. Also I was beginning to get some split ends. I am embarrassed to say how long it's been since I cut and colored my hair, but let's just say it has been since at least Thanksgiving Christmas.

So to freshen up my ends I used Redken Shades. It is my favorite color to use. I always use a demi-permanent color. The only reason to use a permanent one is if you are covering up greys. Otherwise demi-permanent lasts long enough that your roots need to be colored anyway by the time it has started to fade. Also it does almost no damage to the hair. 
I used
2oz 6N + 1oz 8N
The N series has a blue violet background that canceled out the harsh red and orange tones in my hair.
I only put this color on the ends where it was brassy in order to keep the new growth virgin. 

For the cut I only trimmed the layers, taking about an inch off.

I recently realized that I have talked about a few products but not done a follow up of whether I liked them or not. Next week I am going to focus on this.

 This weekend, if it doesn't rain, we might go check out Bamberg, the city with the highest concentration of breweries. Sounds like fun to me!


What are your plans for this weekend?


xoxo Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment